We’ve got another opportunity to connect with God and the world this weekend by returning to Surfside Beach.
The city has asked us to work with the homes of their elderly citizens. Most (but not all) homes in Surfside are on stilts and were somewhat saved from the title surge. But the stairs leading to these homes were destroyed. We need to rebuild those stairs so people can return home. We also will replace siding, repair roofs, and unboard windows. There also may be some debris to remove. Basically, there is work for everyone and anyone who wants to go and can withstand the heat.
Here are some details to know:
- We’ll leave CPC parking lot at 6:00 AM Saturday.
- We’ll return around 10:00ish Saturday night.
- The Red Cross will provide us lunch.
- You’ll be responsible for buying your dinner on the way home.
- Bring work gloves, mosquito repellent, a hat, sunscreen, and a change of clothes for the return trip (that last one is not necessary, but your fellow passengers might appreciate it!)
- Bring tools such as hammers and saws if you have them. A chain saw or two would be helpful.
- Call the church office (992-4567) or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let me know you’re coming so we can arrange transportation.
This is a one-day trip. To come means you take one day from your already over-crowded schedule. But that one day may make a huge difference in the lives of a few people.